Re: KParts/Bonobo Merger?

On 27 Jun 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

Hi Miguel,

> > Talk is fine of course. I'm rather pissed off tho that this was made to
> > look like an official KDE news release and that the developers actually
> > working on the code supported it. It's misleading at best - it hasn't
> > even been discussed with anyone involved in the KDE parts model.
>
> When are you not pissed at anything involving GNOME?

Your are wrongly accusing Mosfet here.

The problem is more of a technical nature.

Firstly the KDE team is in a late Beta stage (feature freeze)  for the
release of the much anticipated KDE-2.0 and KOffice 1.0 later this year.
KDE-2.0 is technically significantly based on the imho mature and
succesfull KParts component technology.

Though I see no reason not to have a look at a proposal or even an
implementation which shows how the goal can be achived from a technical
point of view after the release of KDE-2.0 from you.

Regards,
-- martin