Re: KDE, Gnome, Koffice, Goffice and more

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> > > How come is it Gnome/Gtk/Bonobo specific?  It does not even use Gtk,
> > > nor Bonobo nor Gnome.
> >
> > Well.. Quoting the TODO (Intentions are worth something :)
> > 10 * howto store file types (store gtk object type name?)
>
> That is just a question, as you can see :-)
Ok. Very well.

> At least for Bonobo, we plan not to use the Gtk Object name, but the
> CORBA repository ID for the implementation.
Corba is Gnome specific, though :)

I'de personally store it with the 8 byte magic that you "should" be using.  Or
an identifier that we can all agree on.

Now, what would really be nice is if all the Gnome and KDE applications
(or at least the office programs) could share a single file format.

It'd be a shame if Linux isn't compatible with Linux.

-Charles