Re: Trash system

#if David Faure
> > How about a unique string, e.g.
> > timeAtProcessStart + '.' + pid + '.' + sequence++ + '.' + hostname
> > For my machine, you'd get entries like this:
> > 976813742.123.456.without
>
> Why does that matter at all ?
> We just want a unique identifier, random. The info file contains
> all the info we need.

Ok. It's just my usual method of picking a unique name :)

> Note that we have KTempFile and KSaveFile in KDE for that,
> they do exactly that :)

Yes. Except that you can't rename /tmp/something to
/mnt/Trash/something, so it needs to be done on the mounted device...
that is, if we store separate trash directories on separate mounts,
which I don't think is wise (due to it being messy finding somewhere
to put the trash.)

Rik