Re: Libsigc++ for KDE/Qt

Karl Nelson wrote:
> Hello, it has been over a month since I last received a reply
> on this subject.  The topic has appeared on LWN and the GNOME
> sites since that time, and yet I have gotten no requests for
> assistance or for the technical information that I have offered
> to provide.  Thus it appears that at least some people in the
> community feel that making the switch would be a good idea.
> Since I have received no requests for changes I will be upping
> libsigc++ to 1.0 as is.  (following the release of gtk-- 1.1.0)

Hmm.. did you ever figure out an easy way to disconnect all slots from
a given signal?  I was stopped right there when I was evaluating the
library last month (or so).  Without that feature, the entire
libsigc++ lib was essentially useless for my purposes.

> Is there anyone in the KDE side who is evaluating the possiblity
> of using libsigc++ in KDE/Qt?

I can pretty much guarantee that it won't happen at least for 2.0.
Who knows after that...

> And what technical changes are required in libsigc++ for KDE use?

Technically, it *needs* the change I mention above.
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth