Re: ORB authentication

On 24 Oct 1999 05:38:56 -0400, Stefan Westerfeld <stefan@space.twc.de> wrote:
>- what steps I must take to talk to a Gnome object from mico?

Have mico set the 'principal' field in the IIOP request header to the
GNOME CORBA cookie. You can find the cookie implementation in
gnome-libs/libgnorba/orbitgtk.c - it should be easy to chop the cookie
stuff out and use the appropriate Mico hooks to have the cookie sent with
each Mico-generated request.

>- what steps I must take to make mico objects in a compatible way security
>  aware, so that Gnome and KDE CORBA objects can interoperate via CORBA
>  without needing to care about security?

ORBit clients can already talk to Mico objects without any problems - on
the server side, Mico will just ignore the principal field AFAIK.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.