Re: Libsigc++ for KDE/Qt

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> No one here has heard any debate over the portablity of it verses Qt
> machanism.  Other people have properly pointed out that QT mechanism
> is taking keywords and thus is very unportatable.  On the other hand
...snip...

Sorry but this is pure FUD. I think you are listening to Nathan Myers too
much ;-) Just because Qt defines the signal and slot identifiers does not hurt
portability at all. Here is a list of platforms QT runs on and is commercially
supported (including Windows):

aix xlc
bsdi g++
dgux g++
freebsd g++
gnu g++
hpux acc
hpux cc
hpux g++
irix 64
irix dcc
irix g++
irix n32
irix o32
linux g++
netbsd g++
openbsd g++
osf1 cxx
osf1 g++
qnx g++
sco g++
solaris cc
solaris cc
solaris g++
sunos g++
unixware g++
unixware7 cc
unixware7 g++

So, now can you point me to *any* system where these identifiers hurt
portability? I think not.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com