Printed special edition for GUADEC possible

Hey,

on the GNOME marketing list, Quim Gil asked about making a printed
special edition of the GNOME Journal. The main mails are these:

 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-April/msg00002.html
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-April/msg00029.html
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-April/msg00031.html
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2006-April/msg00034.html

This is lots of stuff to read so here's an except:

 * Instead of the usual printed program for GUADEC, we could do a
   printed GNOME Journal with pieces of a program inside (schedule and
   stuff).
 * We're free in choice of content, apart from a little bit of
   advertising by the sponsors.
 * We're free to determine the layout, althought there's an unknown
   budget for the print.
 * It needs to be finished on June, the 1st.

However, it's sort of important to read the above mails -- especially
the last two -- to understand what it means.

 * The deadline is just between two of our editions.
 * The mix of program and journal could result in something that is
   neither a journal nor a program.
 * This is going to be a lot of work.

Lucas Rocha already agreed to coordinate contributions for such an
edition. Anybody a good idea what we should do ?

Cheers,
Claus