Re: Variation on the greylisting idea

Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

I just read the mailing list archives and saw that greylisting was
proposed a few weeks ago, but some people don't like it (which is
understandable).

Another approach could be to greylist only mails coming from domains
in a rbl database. This makes it possible to use greylisting for the
most probable spam sources.

Whitelister is a project that does exactly this (page is in French):
  https://projects.aaege.net/mailtools/wiki/Project.Whitelister
README:
  https://projects.aaege.net/mailtools/file/trunk/whitelister/README

I'm not sure if it'd be easy to get this on the servers though (you
need ocaml to compile it).

If you don't want to compile ocaml code and if there's no similar in C, C++
or Python in the postfix add-on page[0], and i guess not. I can extend my own
policy server (in Python) to do whitelist RBL-based check if you need, since
it's a cool feature i'll code it anyway.

The tool is called postcontrol, it does spf and greylist but i still need
to put it online somewhere. It's working for a year in four medium sized
mailservers without any problem.

[0] = http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

--
Gustavo Franco - <stratus debian org>