Re: Fwd: Cron <gnomeweb@window> $HOME/bin/logify cvs-update-www.gnome.org

On อ., 2006-03-14 at 08:35 -0500, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> This message has been sent to the gnome-web-list over and over for the
> past 2 days. I just recently joined the list, and can't quite tell
> who's jurisdiction this falls under, but I thought you might want to
> know.

When someone makes a commit to the 'gnomeweb-wml' module, an automatic
update takes place on the live website, including the running of a build
script. Sometimes someone will make a commit that breaks the build
script (typically, adding a new 'projects' folder incorrectly). When the
build script fails, people need to know about it, otherwise the live
site slowly goes stale. The 'gnome-web-list gnome org' address is the
best point-of-contact we have to reach those responsible for the web
sites, many of which have the relevant experience and skills to quickly
identify and fix the build problem. However, sometimes these people are
busy so the problem gets left for days while further commits are being
made.

--
Ross