Debian Server Compramise

I know this isn't all that exciting or relevant (I guess its pretty
common for servers to be compromised) but I feel most OSS projects see
this far less often then corporate systems. Regardless, It appears one
of Debian's servers was compromised, while they haven't made much in
terms of details public, it might be worth a scan of our logs for
anything suspicious if we have some hacker with an anti-OSS vendetta,
or who is at least proficient against *nix based machines.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/07/msg00003.html

Not trying to cry wolf or cite serious concern, but also if anyone on
the list happens to know the debian sysadmins more personally, they
may want to get specifics.

--
Cheers,
Kevin Kubasik