Re: Mailing to cvs.gnome.org does not work

On อา., 2005-05-22 at 12:26 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I got my CVS account the instructions specified that you could
> mail other persons using: <cvsaccount>@cvs.gnome.org
>
> This does not seem to work. cvs.gnome.org has no MX record and
> telnetting to 25 gives a Connection refused.

There seems to be an MX record for 'cvs.gnome.org'. I don't know if that
was added since you sent this e-mail.

> Could you please fix this (or provide new instructions)?

Fixed.

Sysadmins: I copied /etc/gnome.org/master-mail
to /etc/gnome.org/cvs-mail and hacked it to create a virtual table
instead of an aliases table. I added that table to the postfix main.cf,
and added the 'export-cvs-mail.pl' script to cron. I'll try to write up
about the 'master-mail' and 'cvs-mail' scripts on the Infrastructure
wiki when I get a spare moment.

Ross