Re: 'gnome.org' DNS problems (was: submit bugs gnome org down?)

On จ., 2005-07-04 at 10:47 +0200, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> søn, 03,.07.2005 kl. 23.40 +0300, skrev Martin-Eric Racine:
> > I have a feeling that something is seriously wrong in gnome.org DNS zones.
> > It's been a number of days since those server changes and yet, as I have
> > been able to verify on a variety of shell accounts I have access to, in
> > several countries, the MX is still as above.
> >
> I see the same here this morning.
>
> [kmaraas localhost jhbuild]$ host -t MX bugzilla.gnome.org
> bugzilla.gnome.org mail is handled by 10 bugzilla.gnome.org.
> bugzilla.gnome.org mail is handled by 50 mail.gnome.org.
>
> Adding gnome-sysadmin to Cc:

(Copying gnome-infrastructure to publicise my idiocy)

Sorry, my fault completely (idiot!). I didn't notice the 'manage hosts'
option in the network solutions web interface last week, when I tried to
update the 'gnome.org' whois data. I thought you just had to refresh the
form containing the list of nameservers (doh!). I've just a moment ago
noticed the 'manage hosts' option and used it to updated the IP address
registered for 'ns-master.gnome.org'. It says it'll take up to 72 hours
to propagate etc. Sorry. I will shortly beat myself to death with a
frying pan as punishment for severe stupidity.

And talking of DNS, I still haven't seen any responses from the
maintainers of our slave servers to say that they've updated the IP
address they slave from. Both slave servers are still failing to resolve
'gnome.org' records, as far as I can tell:

$ dig @ns.axu.tm master.gnome.org A
; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @ns.axu.tm master.gnome.org A
;; global options:  printcmd
$ dig @orgo.progsoc.uts.edu.au master.gnome.org A