Re: Untranslated string in metacity now marked for translation (bug 334332)

On 3/12/06, Satoru SATOH <satoru satoh gmail com> wrote:
> Is this change included in GNOME-2.14 release?
> If so, I don't think we can update our translations in time although it is a
> tiny change.

Yes, it's a string users are very unlikely to see (only if running an
application remotely), but unfortunately it showed up in the release
notes so those who want to translate the release notes need the string
marked for translation.  And yes, it's basically just the word 'on'
that needs to be translated.

I agree this really sucks and it's my fault for not catching the
string not being marked for translation when I reviewed the patch that
added this string about 4 months ago; but unfortunately no one noticed
until today.  I'll try to make the metacity release as close to the
deadline as possible so that translators have as much time to do the
translation as they can.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.