Re: cvs-commits-list reports messed up?

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:

> ØÙØ ÚÙØØØÙØÙØ 2006-03-08 ØØØØ 15:15 -0500Ø Behdad Esfahbod ÙÙØØ:
>
> > To hide the problem, I have export LINGUAS="en fa" in my bash
> > profile, so only fa.po is regenerated in my checkouts.
>
> I would appreciate it if you don't commit unnecessary changes to fa.po
> then.

There has been a long discussion about this on various lists
before.  Unless the problem is solved in the build system or
another way, I cannot guarantee I don't do that in the future.
That means I should never ever do 'cvs ci' and have a modified
source tree all the time.  On the other hand, I can argue that
it's not unnecessary.  The fact that it doesn't have new
translation is confirmed by the fact that there's no ChangeLog
entry for it.  The source code has changed, and the line numbers
change.

And no, removing 'fa' from LINGUAS is not an option either.  I
want to have at least one language in there to test the build
process.  That better be one that I can actually read and
understand, as I regularly test running apps I maintain under
fa_IR and check that all the strings are marked for translation,
etc.

If you never noticed this before, means it's not making any
problem.  So I don't see a real reason not to continue that.

> roozbeh

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"