LSR project and string stability

I notice translators have started adding translations for the LSR
project. Thank you for your support!

I have a question about string stability. LSR is under heavy
development right now as we push toward our 0.3.0 release. As a
result, the translatable strings are likely to change during this
period.

What is the proper etiquette for changing translatable strings such
that the early work of translators isn't rendered obsolete? Is it OK
to change strings now and then declare a string freeze a couple weeks
before release? Should I announce string freezes on this list?

Pete