Re: Arabic Team Coordinator

On Monday 17 July 2006 21:02, you wrote:
> You're most welcome as the new Arabic coordinator. The rules for
> translator CVS access can be found at
> http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/RequestingAnAccount , as you
> can see, you will have to contribute some complete translations and
> have had them committed to GNOME CVS before you can have an account of
> yourself. Just send an URL with the translations that you want added
> to this list and ask for someone to commit the translations for you.
> When you feel that you've contributed enough complete translations to
> fulfill the requirements listed on the RequestingAnAccount page, then
> send an account request as mentioned in the instructions.
>
> If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, either here
> on this list (gnome-i18n) or on the #i18n channel on irc.gnome.org.
Can you please commit these files:
http://perso.menara.ma/yollnet/gnome-ar.djihed.tar.gz contains translated
files by my teammate Djihed Afifi:
gnome-keyring.HEAD.ar.po                   gnome-netstatus.HEAD.ar.po
deskbar-applet.HEAD.po              gnome-nettool.HEAD.ar.po
eel.HEAD.ar.po                      gnome-session.HEAD.ar.po
evolution-webcal.HEAD.ar.po         gnome-themes.HEAD.ar.po
fast-user-switch-applet.HEAD.ar.po  libgnomeprint.HEAD.ar.po
gconf-editor.HEAD.ar.po             libwnck.HEAD.ar.po
gnome-desktop.HEAD.ar.po            vino.HEAD.ar.po
gnome-icon-theme.HEAD.ar.po
http://perso.menara.ma/yollnet/gnome-ar.chahibi.tar.gz contains translated
files by me:
bug-buddy.HEAD.ar.po dasher.HEAD.ar.po gedit.HEAD.ar.po

I wasn't able to convert
http://l10n-status.gnome.org/HEAD/PO/gcompris.HEAD.ar.po to UTF-8 using
msgconv or iconv, I tried all Arabic encodings but all failed (Thank you
Simos for pointing to this problem).
I also found that the previous translations contain a wrong (linguistically)
plural form equation.