Re: String changes to gcalctool.
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh farsiweb info>
- To: Rich Burridge <Rich Burridge Sun COM>
- Cc: gnome-i18n gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: String changes to gcalctool.
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:14:12 +0330
On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 09:29 -0800, Rich Burridge wrote:
> Gcalctool now uses the Unicode symbols for division, multiplication,
> plus/minus, minus and square root. Thanks to Wouter Bolsterlee for
> this work.
> I've left gettext wrappers around these strings, so that translators
> can do their thing, but it's been suggested that as these are standard
> Unicode characters, this shouldn't really be needed.
Please let the gettext wrappers be there. These are standard Unicode
characters, yes, but they are not necessarily the best symbol to
represent the operation in every locale.
] [Thread Prev