Re: Norwegian language codes

I queried what I thought was a typo in the gossip PO file, and the developer said:

About #5. I am not sure about this.

I originally took this list from GtkSpell I think.
Anyway, the entries in question are:

        "nn", N_("Norwegian (Nynorsk)"),
        "nn_NO", N_("Norwegian (Nyorsk)"),

so there is clearly a difference between the language code.

Are these both distinct Norwegian language codes? I haven't encountered "Nyorsk" before, so I thought I should check.

"Nyorsk" is a typo. It should be "Nynorsk". I'm not sure if it's necessary to have both lang codes (I only make "nn.no"-files, never "nn_NO.po", and there's no significant use of Nynorsk outside Norway that I'm aware of).

-- Åsmund Skjæveland { aasmunds fys uio no }