Re: Subversion migration schedule (cut-off Fri 18 Mar)

On 12/02/2006, at 11:45 PM, Guilherme de S. Pastore wrote:

SVN must have been designed deliberately to make the move from CVS to
SVN as painless as possible, since from the user point of view, so
much is similar. We just go on checking out, updating and committing
as usual. :)

Precisely. That's why I'm telling people to face this transition as a software upgrade ;)

I can't think of any way it isn't, really. The people maintaining our archives are the ones who will have to face a few issues, the time taken for migration, checking effects and probably adapting their custom scripts more than anything else.

For us, this page:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Subversion

mentioned in the wiki article about Gnome's move to Subversion, is brief, to the point and very helpful. It even contains a specific cross-reference between CVS and Subversion.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)