Re: Some of the strings does not show up in Dzongkha

O/H Pema Geyleg ÎÎÏÎÏÎ:
Dear all,

I am testing the gnome 2-12 Dzongkha translation on my machine. We translated all the files in gnome Desktop and DeveloperLib. After logging in using Dzongkha language, when I try to set keyboard preferences by right clicking the USA keyboard from the gnome keyboard indicator, I found that user interface was still in english and not Dzongkha as expected.

Is there another gnome package that needs to be translated to have it in Dzongkha.I tried looking at the gnome extras and did not find any packages related to keyboard. Am I missing something here. Could some one help me in this.
Dear Pema,

Are all messages in the Keyboard Preferences in English?
The user interface messages come from gnome-applets (sub-module gswitchit), and is part of the main gnome-applets.
However, the content of the Keyboard Preferences such as country names,
keyboard shortcuts and so on belong to a different project, "xkeyboard-config",
found at http://translation.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/registry.cgi?domain=xkeyboard-config
You will notice that there is a PO file for xkeyboard-config.

There is an additional issue with xkeyboard-config, in that it does not use a MO file (a compiled version of the PO file).
In the xkeyboard-config package there are scripts that take all xkeyboard-config PO files
and merge them together in a big XML file that contains all translations.
What this means for you is that if you translate xkeyboard-config and you want to test it,
you will need to regenerate the big XML file so that it all works.

Hope this helps,
Simos Xenitellis
http://simos.info/blog/