Re: New team for Malagasy (mg)

Hello again Thierry :)

On 03/04/2006, at 3:24 PM, Thierry Randrianiriana wrote:

 I'd like to know :
- how to get a CVS account to commit our po files ?

I can't seem to find the document explaining this. Does anyone else know where it is?

As far as I can remember, you can't get one straight away, unless you have contributed packages to Gnome before starting translation. It's a sensible precaution to get to know people a bit, before you give them the key to the front door. :)

So to start with, you compress your completed PO files and mail them to this list, asking if someone here will commit them. You'll see previous mails in this list, making this request, from other new teams.

However, you may be able to start requesting a cvs account. I think you write to <cvsmaster gnome org>, stating why you need a CVS account. I think one or two current Gnome CVS users have to support you in this.

(Please, someone correct me if I don't have this quite right. My memory is like a black hole: nothing comes out of it! :D )

Sorry I can't give you more detail. Vladimir (Georgian team), what process did we go through with you, to get you CVS access?

- What is the difference between 'gtk--' and 'gtk+' in the cvs repository?

Hmm, that one I don't know. Hopefully someone else will answer. I do know that "gtk+" is the module name, so you don't need to worry about the gtk-- directories.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)