Re: cvs-po-commits-list *still broken*

On à., 2005-07-25 at 21:22 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> On à., 2005-07-25 at 12:21 +0300, Alexander Shopov wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > cvs-po-commits-list continues to be broken.
> > Check here:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cvs-po-commits-list/2005-July/date.html
> > Who do I have to contact about this?
> > Best regards:
> > al_shopov
>
> Ah, I see :(
>
> I set the list up originally, so I guess it's up to me to investigate.
> Unfortunately, I don't know off the top of my head what's causing it.
> I'll try to look into it when I get a moment.

Yay! I found a moment (just a small one), so I think I've fixed it now.

I had the pre-commit script that runs msgfmt pass it's parent PID down
to the pre-commit script it spawns that creates a special file
(identified by the parent 'CVS' process id) used by the subsequent
post-commit script that the CVS process runs to identify the special
file. That should have got rid of the annoying warning whenever an
altered po file is commit, and hopefully should see the post-commit
script sending mails to cvs-po-commits-list again.

--
Ross