Re: Print Content (libgnomeprintui)

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
Hi,

Could someone please clarify whether "Print" is a noun or a verb in the
following string:

#: ../libgnomeprintui/gnome-print-content-selector.c:133
msgid "Print Content"
Hello,
The following is a bit investigative, probably to be used in similar cases.

Reading the comment line of the message, the specific source file is
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgnomeprintui/libgnomeprintui/gnome-print-content-selector.c?view=markup

Still, it is not conclusive as the "Print Content" functionality has been added very recently and there are not many hints in other files.
Typical files to check for hints are
1. ChangeLog (recent addition, one terse entry for this functionality)
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgnomeprintui/ChangeLog?rev=1.549&sortby=date&view=markup
2. doc/ (not updated to include this functionality)
3. po/LL.po (other language translations; check a couple of languages for hint)
4. contact the developer (from ChangeLog): Lutz Mueller <lutz at users.sourceforge.net> <mailto:lutz users sourceforge net>
5. ".c" files come with ".h" files, so see
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/libgnomeprintui/libgnomeprintui/gnome-print-content-selector.h?view=markup
Still no conclusive info.

From the limited information we collected above, if we put them together, we have
"gnome-print-content-selector.h"
A functionality to select content (text and perhaps images?) from a document and print only that.
Still, it is more common (as in OOo) to see "Print Selection".

In this extreme case, it would be good to contact the author, unless someone else already knows about this feature.

Simos