Re: String review

On 22 Sep 2005, at 12:14, Calum Benson wrote:

On 21 Sep 2005, at 19:49, Christian Persch wrote:

To fix this, I think we need:
- a String Guidelines addendum to the HIG. The HIG already tells us what
capitalisation to use in which circumstances; we need a complete style
guide;

I'd certainly be quite happy for the HIG to include a list of common alert messages... we only give one or two now, and they're only really given as examples, rather than "please use this verbatim if it fits your situation".

(Which isn't to say I don't think a library of common alerts/errors would be even better, but either way we still need to decide what should be in it.)

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team