Re: Translation status pages

Hi Vincent,

Today at 12:46, Vincent Untz wrote:

> On Wed, September 14, 2005 15:37, Danilo à egan wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Maybe we should look into providing alternative status pages until
>> Carlos responds.  Anyone with a strong machine with a lot of unused
>> CPU cycles on a fat-pipe willing to donate a couple of hours of
>> runtime a day for our l10n-status pages?
>
> Just wondering... Why isn't this done on a gnome.org server?
> Does it use too much CPU? Maybe it'd be possible to only update
> the data when a po file gets committed?

Well, we are definitelly going to request another machine from Gnome
for all the status stuff: we currently have separate stuff for
translation status (Carlos), doc status (Shaun) and doc translation
status (myself).   We have already discussed joining all our status
stuff together (so we eg. do one CVS checkout, instead of three :),
but we have not yet gotten around to implementing it.

Since we also keep up with branches, this should turn out to be useful
for jhbuild as well.

Cheers,
Danilo