Re: icons for languages

Quoting Lucas Vieites <lucas asixinformatica com>:
 In this case I would just use the name of the language in that
language, eg: Dutch - Nederlands, German - Deutsch, Spanish - Español,
etc.
 Just a personal opinion, though.

This does seem to be the easiest and least controversial mechanism. The only problem comes from the implied flavour of the language: I know several English (i.e. nationality) people who get severly wound up when English (i.e. the language) is used to describe American English.

I think that you are always going to offend somebody no matter what you do.

dave