Re: ScreenShot Volunteers

2005/9/6, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr>:
> Nobody could help me? It would be really semi finished without having
> localized screen shots.
>
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 17:43 +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I'm translating Release Notes to Turkish, but have no time to setup a
> > fresh gnome-2-12 beta desktop. But without screenshots release notes
> > does not mean (almost) anything.
> >
> > Therefore I'm looking for some volunteer who can take Gnome 2.12
> > screenshots in Turkish for Turkish translation. Maybe you can take a
> > shot for Turkish as well while you're getting for your language.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

The problem of asking for localized screenshots is that they are not
only about the applications, they show contextual text or images
(directory names, file names, photos, documents and so on). So,
improvising can result in something inappropriate, strange,
disrespectful or unintentionally funny. I need to know some of these
things (at least those you think that are important):

1. Translated strings in Turkish for "Documents", "Music", "Photos", "Media"

2. My selection of music may not be appropriate for screenshots
because I don't have any Turkish music (I listen mostly to progressive
rock and Brazilian music). :)

3. "Fake email" in Turkish for Evolution screenshot.

4. Meaningful fake user data in Turkish for the "About Me" Dialog.

Cheers.
--
Pedro de Medeiros - Ciência da Computação - Universidade de Brasília
Email: pedro medeiros gmail com - Home Page: http://www.nonseq.net