Re: Broken build of relnotes

Yesterday at 21:35, Åygimantas BeruÄka wrote:

> Sorry for false alarm. I'd missed the '\n' part at the end of the first
> line in translator-credits and on the second line there were non-ascii
> char (Ä) in translators family name which caused xml2po to fail. Fixed
> it by adding \n at the end of the first line.
>
> However, the debugging was tought. Is it possible to make xml2po more
> verbose on errors in the future? :)

Where's the patch? ;-)

J/k, sure we want to improve it, but this actually needs to be fixed.
(if I have put a try...except there, I would have also had fixed it :)

The problem is that a "year" field is not being converted to UTF-8
before being passed to libxml2 (and libxml2 Python bindings don't
accept Python Unicode strings so occassional bugs creep in here and
there; there is another set of "Pythonic" bindings lxml[1], but that
will only increase the number of harder to install dependencies).

I am also planning on reworking the "translator-credits" support for
DocBook documents, so it should all fit in much better in the future.

FWIW, I noticed the same problem with Greek "press release" (missing
\n between translators in -credits) and I've put fixed up "docbook.py"
xml2po mode file a day or two earlier in
gnomeweb-wml/www.gnome.org/start/2.12/press_release/docbook.py.

[1]http://codespeak.net/lxml/

Cheers,
Danilo