Invariant sections? GFPL

Hello all :)

I'm taking my first stumbles into documentation translation, and I've started with Bug-Buddy, since I know people in my community have difficulty reporting bugs due to lack of translated material, and this will make the translated application easier to use. The POT for the bug-buddy doc. is neatly packaged on the modules page [1], and away I go...

However, my first contact with the GFPL has confused me a tad. I don't understand the function of the phrase "Invariant Sections" in this part of the copyright string:
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL), Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. You can find a copy of the GFDL..."
Now, invariant sections are sections which don't change. Why would these be prohibited? Would not changing information included in the licence be more of a concern? (Also, why are these terms capitalized?)

Thankyou for any help you can offer on this. I am probably missing something here (again ;) ).

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)

[1] http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/by-modules.html