Re: CVS on-commit check v helpful

On 03/09/2005, at 12:45 AM, Ãsmund SkjÃveland wrote:

My fumbling fingers left out the "c" in the msgfmt check once today, so my doc _looked_ OK. Fortunately, the CVS on-commit check picked up the remaining errors. Gotta love gettext. ;)

I have (amongst others) these aliases defined in bash:

alias mgc='msgfmt -cv nn.po'
alias cvsci='mgc && cvs ci -m "`head -3 ChangeLog`" nn.po ChangeLog'

I've made it habit to only commit with the 'cvsci' alias. This has been helpful at times. It's also significantly less typing, so it's been an easy habit to pick up. I also have a script that updates the ChangeLog for me when I commit (which is very rarely these days).

Honestly, my brain is leaking out my ears ... (ew, messy). Thankyou very much, Ãsmund, of course I should create aliases for these commands, especially since I have so much trouble typing. Thankyou!

Um, may I ask why you're committing very rarely? Have you fed your developers something that paralyzes their string-change fingers? (If so, could I please have some??) :D

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)