Re: Holidays in different countries

I really like the idea but it seems like a huge task, at least if you
really want to have all of the countries and regions' holidays.
Gathering all this information would require a lot of dedicated
people, with proper knowledge of each country and region.
It will be hard to keep up with every year's calendar, especially
since some countries keep changing government, constitution or
whatnot.

But I don't think it needs to be complete to work. If the data is
available for one country, the library should use it, if not then
maybe someone will contribute some data.

A quick search on some search engine returns Earth Calendar (
http://www.earthcalendar.net/  ) as a hit. It looks pretty complete,
unfortunately I have no idea if the data is correct, and it seems
those days aren't official state holidays all the time (i.e. legal or
public holiday).

Another good place to look at is of course Wikipedia (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_holidays_by_country ), it seems
pretty complete too, but once again it doesn't give you the pattern
right away.

I hope this can help you have a better idea of the size of the task.
Cool idea though.
I wonder if the UN has something like that available.

Denis