Re: l10n-status website suggestions

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 16:50 -0400, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> Priit Laes wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I couldn't find a suitable module in bugzilla for this, so I decided to
> > send my suggestions to the list:
> >
> > 1) Front page should say, when and how often the site is updated. It's
> > also outdated, mumbling something about the about and contact pages :P
> > 2) Timezone information should be displayed in the "last updated" dates.
> > 3) Page should have header and footer like other Gnome related sites.
> > 4) HTML4 -> xhtml + css
> >
> > And.. I haven't find the source for this stuff... :(
>
> I'm working on a rewrite of the GTP status pages engine. Among other
> things, I'm developing an extensible interface for changing the page
> styles. My ideal situation would be having the status page generator
> running on its own machine, updating every 2 or three hours.
>
> Right now, the main translation handler is written in C, and is thus
> very difficult to modify.
Actually Carlos had a working python script which is never used by
masses I guess. It has a really great database backend also it was
storing data in weekly manners. I don't know it's status and it's almost
6-7 months passed since I talked w/ him about this script.

Maybe he can clarify the issue, and work overlapping by this way can be
prevented.