Re: New external dependency: iso-codes ?
- From: danilo gnome org (Danilo Åegan)
- To: Simos Xenitellis <simos74 gmx net>
- Cc: GNOME I18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org>, svu gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: New external dependency: iso-codes ?
- Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:54:16 +0100
Today at 22:01, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> It looks more canonical to me to make the dependancy to the Translation
You got it a bit mixed up :)
Translation Project (TP) is basically for other programs what GTP is
for Gnome: a translation project. You cannot "add a dependency" on
GTP for any software module, because it's not software, it's a group
of people and some infrastructure :)
The discussion here was whether to make iso-codes build- and run-time
dependencies of Gnome software. That can be done several ways, and
one is to make it a "soft" dependency (everything would work fine even
if it's not there, except there might be no translations), or "hard"
dependency (package won't install if a hard dependency is not
For example, xkeyboard-config translations are a soft dependency of
Gnome keyboard preferences: you get untranslated layout names if
xkb-config is not included.
] [Thread Prev