Re: gnome-panel now uses gnome-doc-utils

Today at 22:32, Vincent Untz wrote:

> I don't know how to migrate the existing translations (ja de es fr it sv
> ko uk zh_CN zh_TW) and help is welcome for this.

This is best done by translators.  We need two XML files for this, one
to act as reference (original XML file translation is based on), and
the other as translation (this usually means the same version).  Watch
out to remove anything that was added to translated version such as
translator credits, and use "xml2po -r translation.xml base.xml".

This should give you translated PO file you can use as a start.

> If translators want to start translating the doc, just ask Danilo since
> he knows how to do it :-)

Yeah guys, just grab the POT files from http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/PO/:
  http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/PO/panel-clock-applet.HEAD.pot
  http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/PO/panel-fish-applet.HEAD.pot
  http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/PO/panel-windowlist-applet.HEAD.pot
  http://kvota.net/doc-l10n/PO/panel-workspace-switcher-applet.HEAD.pot

You can then translate these, and commit them to
  gnome-panel/help/{clock|fish|window-list|workspace-switcher}/xx/xx.po
where "xx" is your language code.  Then add "xx" to DOC_LINGUAS
variable inside gnome-panel/help/<module>/Makefile.am.

Example: adding Serbian translation for Clock applet
  1. grab panel-clock-applet.HEAD.pot and translate it as sr.po
  2. cd gnome-panel/help/clock
  3. mkdir sr && cvs add sr && cd sr
  4. cp .../path/to/sr.po . && cvs add sr.po
  5. mkdir figures && cvs add figures && <make all images>
  6. cd .. && emacs Makefile.am, add "sr" to DOC_LINGUAS
  7. cvs ci (with appropriate ChangeLog entries as well)

Cheers,
Danilo