Re: fuzzy strings

Today at 12:04, Yair Hershkovitz wrote:

> what are fuzzy strings and what makes them fuzzy?

Fuzzy strings are incorrect translations.

They're most commonly automatically made fuzzy.  When a programmer
changes a string inside a program, or adds a new string, you commonly
don't have a translation for it because it's new or different.

If it's similar enough to already existing string, your translation
of that similar string will be reused and string will be marked as
"fuzzy".  That's just to help you out, and the algorithm for comparing
strings can sometimes give surprising results (both good and bad).

> i have alot of regression in translations due to strings that went fuzzy

It's actually due to programmers changing and adding strings.  That's
ok, it means that you need to update your translation.

If you don't like playing catch-up with programmers, you can wait for
string freeze to officially begin (August 8th if I'm not mistaken).

Cheers,
Danilo