(no subject)

Hi,

I am sorry that I write to you directly, but I have spent a lot of time on
this thing and could not find the solution...
I am trying to set locales and gnome to catalan in my gentoo laptop.

I have followed your explanation in http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ but my
shell is zsh. I have done the rc.conf, in my .zshrc I have defined

source .enviroment
unset LANGUAGE

with

export LANG="ca_ES euro"
export LC_CTYPE="ca_ES euro"
export LC_NUMERIC="ca_ES euro"
export LC_TIME="ca_ES euro"
export LC_COLLATE="ca_ES euro"
export LC_MONETARY="ca_ES euro"
export LC_MESSAGES="ca_ES euro"
export LC_PAPER="ca_ES euro"
export LC_NAME="ca_ES euro"
export LC_ADDRESS="ca_ES euro"
export LC_TELEPHONE="ca_ES euro"
export LC_MEASUREMENT="ca_ES euro"
export LC_IDENTIFICATION="ca_ES euro"
export LC_ALL="ca_ES euro"

but when looking at locale -a, I don't find the catalan option ...
nevertheless I did

# mkdir /etc/portage
# echo "sys-libs/glibc userlocales" >> /etc/portage/package.use

# vi /etc/locales.build

with

ca_ES/ISO-8859-1
ca_ES euro/ISO-8859-15
en_US/ISO-8859-1
en_US.UTF-8/UTF-8
de_DE/ISO-8859-1
de_DE euro/ISO-8859-15

before bootstrapping...

When I create a file ~/.profile defining the thing above it doesn't work
either... Neither with export LANG nor with setenv LANG...

Am I forgetting something? How can I "catalanise" my gentoo-gnome box?

thanks,

Pau