Re: nautilus breakage due to mk.po

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 00:12 +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> mån 2005-01-10 klockan 19:34 +0100 skrev Alexander Larsson:
> > Nautilus build is broken atm:
>
> Ouch!
>

> > mk.po:6611: duplicate message definition
> > mk.po:3459: ...this is the location of the first definition
> > mk.po:6618: duplicate message definition
> > mk.po:3617: ...this is the location of the first definition
> > mk.po:6626: duplicate message definition
> > mk.po:3626: ...this is the location of the first definition
> > /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 3 fatal errors
> > make[2]: *** [mk.gmo] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/nautilus/po'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/nautilus'
> > make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> > *** error during stage build of nautilus: could not build module ***
> > [63/106]
> >
> > I'm disabling mk for now.
>
> Translators: *Never ever* commit broken po files to CVS. That is a very,
> very, very big no-no, since it breaks the build of the software and
> makes almost all other contributors unable to work.
>
> This is the reason why we request everyone to first check their po files
> with msgfmt -cv before doing any commit of a po file.

Now that the cvs server hardware is better than some months ago, could
we add again the script that accepts or rejects .po commits depending on
the msgfmt output. I think that it was disabled because the overhead of
the old server...

I know that people should learn to use msgfmt before any commit but I
also think that some sanity checks should be added before breaking
anything.

Cheers.