Re: Supressing a %d parameter in a string

When you are using the numbered version of the formatting parameters, you should just be able to leave out the ones that you don't want. Does that parameter ever have any other value besides 1 for that message?

Raphael Higino wrote:
Hi folks.

How can I supress a %d parameter I don't want to use in the
translated string? I've tryed %0$d but msgfmt outputs the
following:

-----
nautilus.HEAD.pt_BR.po:3061: 'msgstr[0]' is not a valid C
format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: In the directive
number 1, the argument number 0 is not a positive integer.
-----

The reason I don't want to use that %d is that a message
like "Are you sure you want to permanently delete the 1
selected file?" doesn't sound natural speak in Portuguese.

Can anyone help me?

Raphael Higino
raphaelh uai com br