Re: [(RE)ANNOUNCING] nautilus-open-terminal

Christian Neumair wrote:
As you might remember, I once announced the release of
nautilus-open-terminal [1], a nautilus extension for opening the
terminal of a selected folder.

Reinout van Schouwen, a diligent translator you might know, wanted to
send me a translation update today and I noted that although I did only
a leaky pre-release, package maintainers picked it up and packaged it,
which was not intended at all, taken that I really didn't care for code
quality. Thanks Reinout :).

Because I lost the tarball and just didn't care what, I thought it would
be lost, but it isn't: I was able to recover a kind-of-orignal tarball
from the (pkg-alioth) debian repository and could resurrect it.

I updated it to use a icon for the menu item and work for selected
folders as well, not only for the currently open folder. And it has less
crippled dependencies.

Maybe now that it works it's really time to remove the "Open Terminal"
item from the desktop context menu (Nautilus 2.12).

NO! Please don't remove yet another valuable feature from GNOME! I use "Open Terminal" from the desktop quite often and would not want to miss it! I dont think the feature hurts anyone.

Grab it from GNOME CVS (module: nautilus-open-terminal [2]) and start translating (3 strings)/testing :). Feedback is very much welcome. Have fun.

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2004-May/msg00022.html
[2] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/nautilus-open-terminal

Regards,

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341