Re: Planner doc translation with xml2po

Kurt Maute wrote:
Hi Folks,

Hi,

I finally got around to trying out xml2po to see if we can use it to
help manage doc translations for Planner, and it looks quite promising.
Thanks for putting it together, Danilo!

I was able to take a translated version of the Planner user guide
v1.5.2, create .pot files for both it and the translation, then cut and
paste to derive the planner-1.5.2-es.po file.  Then after updating the
planner.xml to v0.13 (we changed the version # on this release to match
the planner release #, which is why it looks odd), I created a new
planner.pot file and ran the following:

msgmerge -o planner-0.13-es.po planner-1.5.2-es.po planner.pot

When I do this, I get lots of messages:

msgmerge: invalid multibyte sequence

The es po file is probably not UTF-8, so it should be converted.

Hm, I don't think we should put the user guide into the regular po files, that would make it a lot harder to keep the regular translations up to date and get them fully translated. What do other projects do with regards to translated user guides?

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/