Re: system-tools-backends and message encoding
- From: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
- To: Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <theppitak gmail com>
- Cc: GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>
- Subject: Re: system-tools-backends and message encoding
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:08:20 +0100
fre 2005-02-11 klockan 09:53 +0700 skrev Theppitak Karoonboonyanan:
> I found some problem while translating system-tools-backends, which made me
> hesitate to commit.
> The problem is that the encoding of the translated strings seems to be that of
> current locale, while GTK+ widgets always assume UTF-8. This makes the
> translated messages appear as junk, unless a UTF-8 locale is selected.
> This doesn't occur with GTK+ apps in general.
> How could we solve this problem?
Please bug report it:
] [Thread Prev