Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: Schema file issues

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 23:00 +0100, Danilo Åegan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today at 18:27, JP Rosevear wrote:
>
> > So, my original task morphed somewhat and I ended up tidying up the
> > contacts, calendar and shell schema files (and cropped up some
> > additional issues below), I started on the mailer but it has more than
> > the other three combined so I started to get worried about the number of
> > string changes this might involve total, so I'm CC'ing the gnome-i18n
> > team as well.
>
> I feel if these are going to go in, they should go in now.  Freeze is
> there for translators, but before the freeze, all changes are welcome
> unless they unnecessarily burden some teams.  Consistency is what
> translators very much prefer, so it's better done now than later
> forgotten.
>
> According to last update, we also have problems updating evolution POT
> files in our stats, so that may be of bigger influence than these
> changes (depending on how long this is the case).
>
> This might be only GTP's problem (i.e. wrong POT filename listed in
> cvs.gnome.org:gnome-i18n/status/data/translation-status.xml), but it
> might be a problem in Evolution itself.  According to
>   http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/nds_DE/desktop/index.html
> there're problems in all of evolution, e-d-s and evolution-exchange.

For me all modules at this link are now red (or yellow).  Note that
evolution versions the GETTEXT_PACKAGE to allow for parallel installs in
some cases (e-d-s, gal, evolution-exchange and gtkhhtml all do this)

> So, you have my support, if that's of any significance.  Of course, I
> hope the extent of the changes is not such as to make Evolution
> completely untranslated, because it's still one of the biggest modules
> in Gnome :)

This particular change just affects the schema files.  I've committed it
the changes except for the mail part because its so large and I haven't
finished it yet.  If its a big deal, let me know,  we can always revert
it.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>