Re: Don't commit without permission

On 2005-02-06T20:00:42+0200, menthos gnome org wrote:
> I'd like to remind all translators that *all* commits to anything
> else than the po files of your own language requires permission.
> This is the same policy that we've always had, and which should have
> been explained to all translators that have CVS accounts, but
> apparantly¹ there needs to be a reminder sent out.

I'm here the guilty one, and I can confirm that my common sense was
overriding commit policy. Sorry.

> In other words, if you want to commit a change, such as a fix for a
> bug in a module, you need to ask the maintainer of that module for
> approval first. In a similar way, if you want to commit a change, no
> matter how trivial, to translations other than your own, you will
> need to ask the owner of that translation or the translation
> coordinator of that language for approval first.

And what I did was for *.po apply
s/translator-credits/translator_credits/ to decrease workload of most
translators as it was only string change needing attention for many
translators.

Of course now I see that I wasn't careful enough as you see from that
bug.  But also with this kind of commit policy helping other
translators is not just possible (asking permission for such trivial
changes is more work than just leaving it up to each translator).  And
yes, I can and will work according to commit policy here on even while
working with other kind of commit policy in some other repositories.

--
Tommi Vainikainen