Re: Kurdish - we give it a start

On 29/08/2005, at 4:21 AM, Erdal Ronahi wrote:

the Kurdish team is finally starting to work on the actual translations. We have created a team and already made some translations at Rosetta which we would like to see in the stats :)

We have applied for CVS acces some days ago but not yet got a response. So I want to announce officially the start of the work here and hope we will come along fine.

Congratulations, Erdal, to you and to your team!

It's a large and complex task to get a team started, and it's great news for Gnome, and for the users in your language community, that you've done so much already.

Keep up the good work! :)

I think your language and mine have one important thing in common: our users in the homeland have few opportunities, so many of them never having even seen a computer, while the rest of us are scattered all over the world, wherever people would take us in. Computers are one very important way we communicate, and try to improve conditions for people in the homeland.

I think what you are doing is very important indeed, and I wish you good fortune. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)