Re: possible break of string freeze in recent-files

On 8/18/05, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While fixing bug #129195, I investigated the possibility of marking as
> translatable the strings in EggRecent, since there weren't.
>
> This would break the string freeze in every program that is using an
> updated version of the code present in libegg/recent-files, and since we
> are late in the release process, I was wondering if this could be done
> now or should wait the next cycle.

According to http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-February/msg00092.html:

"The following types of changes do not need explicit approval, however we
would still very much like them to be announced so that we know about
them:
* Marking a message for translation that was previously not marked for
translation by accident."

If I understand you correctly, this is the case that covers what
you're talking about, in which case it should be fine to go
ahead--just have the module authors notify the translation team.

Cheers,
Elijah