Re: cvs-po-commits-list *still broken*

lÃr, 06,.08.2005 kl. 18.12 +0700, skrev Ross Golder:
> On à., 2005-07-25 at 12:21 +0300, Alexander Shopov wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > cvs-po-commits-list continues to be broken.
> > Check here:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/cvs-po-commits-list/2005-July/date.html
> > Who do I have to contact about this?
> > Best regards:
> > al_shopov
>
> Looks like I fixed it, then broke it again turning the po commits
> checking on yesterday. Bloody 'commitinfo' file :( Bloody CVS.
>
> Anyway, I've never been that happy with the way the cvs-po-commits-list
> worked, it was only meant to be a five-minute hack to solve a problem
> that someone came up with on the list. How about we do something a bit
> more intelligent?
>
> My first thoughts are to build on the 'check-po-commit.sh' script so
> that it identified the po file being updated *and* the module it is
> being updated in. We can then (using some kind of lookup tables, or mail
> aliasing scheme) look up the translation team for that language, and the
> maintainer of the module, and fire off a brief e-mail with a subject of
> 'module/po/xx.po file changed by <cvslogin>' and a patch attached.
> Should be achievable with some basic shell scripts, or it might be worth
> re-coding it in python/perl or something.
>
> Thoughts? Ideas? Offers of help? :)

I'm a translator and today I filter the cvs-commits-list for mails
containing my language's (Norwegian) .po file. It would be useful for me
(and maybe others?) if there was a better way to get notified when a .po
file for your language is added/updated. This can prevent double-work
being done etc.

I supposed this can be done with your suggestion about adding lookup
tables etc. It should be fairly easy though, to add e-mails to be
notified, because it's not always the translation team leader or module
owner who has done the committ.

Maybe not the most revolutionary thoughts but I'd be very glad to see
something like this happend. :-) Subscribing to cvs-commits-list is
slightly overkill for watching .po file changes and can hose up small
e-mail accounts. Unfortunately I won't be able to help since I'm not a
coder :\

Cheers,
Terance