Re: [Evolution-hackers] templates i18n question

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 16:57 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 11:48 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > Sorry if this is a newbie question...
> >
> > I'm working on the Templates support.  In order to learn the code, and
> > as a first try at an implementation, I'm starting by making a copy of
> > the Drafts folder called (obviously) Templates.  Then I'll change the
> > behavior as specified.
> >
> > One step that's clearly required is translating "Templates" into all the
> > supported languages.  Any pointers for where to start?
>
> We've put the default inbox for translation in evolution/mail/default,
> however I know the translation teams aren't particularly fond of this so
> any solution you come up with should probably handle this case as well.

Thanks for the info.

> Another thought is if the default templates are really needed at all,
> what ones are you making?

I am not there yet, but I would be glad to hear suggestions.

The template I was going to use for testing is for submitting kernel
patches (which require a brief patch description, Signed-Off-By line,
and a patch).  Of course this is useful to about 0.0001% of the user
base.  A more generally useful one would be for sending out my resume,
with some cover-letter-ish text.

Actually, both these examples would be more useful if templates could
have an associated attachment count, so you get automatically prompted
for the attachment location...

Lee