Re: Beagle

ons 2005-04-06 klockan 14:18 +0200 skrev Terance Edward Sola:
> > Beagle, a.k.a. the shit, is now open to the i18n teams for translating.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > /Fredrik
>
> I see that beagle is only in the HEAD branch. What exactly is the
> purpose of the HEAD branch, and when does translations here actually get
> used. Will they be merged into 2.12 or what? I'm sorry if this is
> described somewhere I didn't look, but it is kind of confusing, thanks
> in advance for explaining :)

Beagle is in the HEAD *section* of the translation status pages because
it is not part of the official GNOME release (i.e. not part of the
official GNOME Desktop & Development Platform release).

That section is named "HEAD" because modules in it are not part of the
official GNOME release, and are hence not tied to any particular GNOME
release.

I agree that that section is probably misnamed, as people constantly
confuse the name with module branches. If it helps, you can think of the
HEAD section as a place on the translation status pages where all non-
core stuff that is not part of the official GNOME release resides.