Re: ximian bug #65329, translated standard mailbox names

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 22:08 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
tor 2004-09-23 klockan 17.06 skrev Not Zed:
> On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 17:05 +0200, Christian Rose wrote:
> > tor 2004-09-23 klockan 08.36 skrev Not Zed:
> > > A regression that came in a few months ago, the standard local mailbox
> > > names are no longer translated.
> > >
> > > This is for gnome 2.8.1/evolution 2.0.1.
> >
> > Ouch. Very visible regression. Has my approval, given that you let
> > gnome-i18n gnome org when the fix and the has been committed to CVS.
>
> I don't follow, nothing has been committed.

Sorry; what I meant was "you have my string freeze approval if you
promise to let gnome-i18n gnome org know once the fix has been committed
to CVS." This is so that translators know when they need to update their
Evolution translations.
Ahh ok, no problem.

Its been committed.

> > Please also remember to cc: the release team about string freeze
> > requests. Release team: This thread started as
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2004-September/msg00344.html.
>
> I also don't follow.  i18n issues != code freeze issues. 2.8.1 isn't in code freeze, afaik.

True, the GNOME 2.8 hard code freeze is no longer in effect, and this
has been the case since the 2.8.0 release. However, other freezes such
as the string freeze, feature freeze and UI freeze are still in effect
for GNOME 2.8.

Since this patch reintroduces translatable strings that were not marked
as translateable before the string freeze began, this patch needs string
freeze approval. Since you wrote to the gnome-i18n list, I assumed you
wanted said approval. Am I misunderstanding something?
Yeah i figured that out, I just didn't think the release team wanted more spam about it since its got nothing to do with them..

--
Michael Zucchi <notzed ximian com>
"born to die, live to work, it's all downhill from here"