Re: [Fwd: Post 2.8.0 Freezes]

Today at 18:35, JP Rosevear wrote:

> Could you clarify for me the freeze situation wrt to 2.8.1 and UI/String
> changes?  We have a few for 2.0.1 already (the UI one is only a
> possibility to make secure connection options clearer, the strings are
> improved error messages).  Who needs to approve these exactly?  Anyone
> one? Just ui/translation team? Release team as well?  Do we just need to
> notify translators?  Couldn't manage to find the info in dotplan.

JP, strings are supposed to be frozen during entire Gnome 2.8.* stable
series, which means that any string changes would have to go through
standard freeze-break procedure: they will require approval from GTP
team, which is currently led by Christian and Kjartan.

I don't know if release-team still wants to know about such
breakages, but translators really do, since it's hard for them to
concentrate on both HEAD (unstable) branches, and stable 2.8 branches
at the same time, and having both change is source of constant pain,
and resyncing.

Cheers,
Danilo